Saturday 15 February 2014

Introduction

My name is Daniel though I've never really been used to being called my full name, I much prefer the shortened version (Dan). I live in Galway (Ireland) and have done so for the past 8 years, though I am originally from Sheffield (England). I am currently studying Software Development in Galway-Mayo-Institute of Technology. The course is very challenging and teaches a varied set of skills in Programming, Web Development, Business and Communications, App Development, Systems Analysis, Database Management, Networking and that is only what I have covered so far as this is my second year of a four year course. 

The course is kept interesting by balancing material that has to be taught from books and lecturer notes with letting students use their creativity. Subjects such as  E-Business or Systems Analysis require students to attend lectures to learn material from final exams. However students flex their creative sides with subjects such as Web Development and App Development. Having this balance keeps things refreshing as App/Web development can become more of a hobby than an actual subject once you grow and are more confident in your skills as a developer.

The purpose of this blog is required as part of my Business Communications module to create an online presence, though I feel this could become much more than that over time and could even develop into a hobby much like the other aspects of my course. I will mainly document projects that I am currently working on, expressing my thought process, the difficulties I may face and ways of overcoming them, but also share views on a particular piece of software/hardware I may come across or interesting shifts that may occur in the industry, I will also like to help any would be software developers out there get their feet wet by creating a few easy to make apps for either Android of Windows Phone devices.

1 comment: